I'm not that interested debate, or foreign policy, or any of the other things that are typically associated with politics. I've always just left politics for people who are in to politics. It makes sense right? I mean, I've never cared much about bows and arrows - and have therefore never done archeryWell, "not being interested" in politics changes a little when I imagine that some day my children might be taught that homosexuality is just a preference; and that some day my husband might be drafted into a war (which has been going on for years, and which I know nothing about). Through these lenses, political involvement has never looked so important to me, and yet, becoming informed has never seemed so daunting. I've got about a million questions to match every sentence I read in the news, and I have no idea where to start. I am gradually learning though, that I'm not the only one who feels this way about politics.
So, some friends and I are organizing a club to help students become more politically aware. We're just waiting right now to see if BYU will approve our idea. Cross your fingers everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment