Friday, September 4, 2009

Just Like My Little Pink Journal

I'm remembering my first journal: Pastel pink with a decorative gold feather on the cover. It was given to me after I was baptized and I loved it! I've filled dozens of diaries since then, but the pages in that little pink journal are easily the most often revisited and arguably the most appreciated of all the rest on my shelf.
It's like a vacation to the simplicity of childhood to read again about Bryce Taylor (my elementary school crush), or about the time Uncle Jim let me go into a hot tub.
Totally pointless entries, and yet written with such candid expression and detail! Perhaps that's why this journal is revisited and appreciated so much.
My hope with this blog is that I'll write some things (even some utterly pointless things), and become that unprecedented eight-year-old once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment