
So we were given this assignment to "buy a stranger a coke." It obviously didn't have to be a coke. It could be anything, but it had to be for a stranger. I went to Subway and as I was standing in line I noticed a cute couple (two chinese students) trying to decide what they wanted. I heard them negotiating between the one that sounded really good, and the one that was the most reasonably priced. It was my perfect opportunity! I paid for mine, and then told the clerk that I'd be paying for theirs as well.
I think when Brother Clarke gave us this assignment he intended that we actually approach the person/people and offer to buy something for them (so that we could write about how they reacted), but I ended up just leaving it anonymous. I left before I could see any kind of reaction from them. But it was a great assignment : )
No comments:
Post a Comment