Wednesday, October 21, 2009
YesSsSs...
The other day I was leaving work, a six-hour shift, and I was starving! As I was getting into my car, I remembered that my fridge was empty and shelves were bare at home. "I'll just stop somewhere on my home," I thought, and started my car. Well, in order to get food, I should have gone right - but I was totally oblivious to the fact that I'd gone left until I found myself driving through some weird construction site and was in one-way traffic surrounded completely by orange cones on both sides of me. At the end of the construction detour I was finally spit out into a parking lot west of the BYU stadium. The parking lot was usually vacant, but today was packed with buses and families wlaking into the stadium. A state-wide highschool band competition was being held in the stadium. Still starving, I hardly had patience for all these people walking so slowly in front of my car and all these buses parked tightly next to the curb (still making it impossible for me to turn around). As I came around the corner there was a beautiful sight: Three huge pic-nic tables covered with food. People were standing around with steaming plates of mashed-potatoes and steak and corn. Then I noticed something even more beauiful: a glass bottel with a few dollars inside. It was a fund-raiser! I parked my car and jumped out to buy some food. As I got closer to the glass-bottel though, it wasn't money in there - it was just paper. Feeling sheepish, I started walking away, and then I heard someone call out. "Can we help you dear?" "No, no." I waved my hands, "I thought this was a fund-raiser." I was half-way in my car when the sweet lady ran over to me and insited that I get out and have a plate of food. It was so nice of her. And it looks like my left-hand turn wasn't such a mistake afterall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment